Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Monday, October 14, 2013

Music Monday: {Good to Me} by Audrey Assad


Even though Audrey Assad's new album, Fortunate Fall, came out back in August, I just picked it up a couple weeks ago. For some reason the release date escaped me. Needless to say, I'm thrilled that I've added this one to my iTunes collection. It is stunningly beautiful, and truly a feast for the ears! I highly recommend it, and I'm so happy to share one of the tracks with you here today.  I pray that it blesses you. Enjoy! (Be sure to scroll to the bottom to see the lyrics)

As I listen to this song, I can't help but think of Psalm 23 . . .

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
  He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, 
     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake. 
 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.  
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

He is so good to us . . . amen?

 
I put all my hope in the truth of Your promise,
and I steady my heart on the ground of Your goodness
When I'm bowed down with sorrow, I will lift up Your name,
and the foxes in the vineyard will not steal my joy

Because You are good to me, good to me
You are good to me, good to me
You are good to me

And I lift my eyes to the hills where my help is found
And Your voice fills the night, raise my head up to hear the sound
And though fires burn all around me, I will praise You, my God,
and the foxes in the vineyard will not steal my joy

Because You are good to me, good to me
You are good to me, good to me
You are good to me
Blessed are - You are good to me, good to me
You are good to me, good to me
You are good to me

Your goodness and mercy shall follow me all my life
I trust in Your promise
Yeah, Your goodness and mercy shall follow me all my life
I trust in Your promise
Your goodness and mercy shall follow me all my life
I will trust in Your promise 

6 comments:

  1. Good morning, dear friend!! I LOVE this song! Audrey Assad's voice is so beautiful. I found this song a couple weeks ago and can't stop listening to it. I love the line, "And the foxes in the vineyard will not steal my joy." So powerful and something I want to be true of me. I also love the song "I Shall Not Want" too. I downloaded both of these on itunes :-)

    Praying you have a beautiful and blessed day in Jesus, sweet Michelle!!

    Hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, my comment was just going through when I saw the same line stood out to you too! Praying for your joy today:)

      Delete
    2. Susan, you are so sweet! I appreciate that so much and will pray for your JOY also :-) So happy the Lord had that line find it's way to you when you needed it. He is so GOOD to us!! Thanks again and God bless:-)

      Delete
    3. Hi Amanda! So happy to see you here, today! I'm glad you love this song, too -- I had a feeling you might! ;-)

      And I couldn't agree more, Audrey's voice is beautiful -- truly, one of my favorites.

      That line about the foxes in the vineyard was perfect for me this morning, too. The "fox" came disguised as my ungrateful 16 year-old daughter. Ugh! She was in rare form this morning, but I wasn't about to let her steal my joy. ;-)

      Hope you have a fantastic week! (((Hugs)))

      Delete
  2. And the foxes in the vineyard will not steal my joy!

    Ok. That line came JUST at the moment I needed it today, Michelle! Thanks so much for posting this:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Susan! I'm so glad this song could minister to you today. :)

      Have a blessed week, my friend!

      Delete